WaterSmart Irrigation Programs
WaterSmart On-Site Surveys
Free on-site surveys are available to commercial customers with large landscapes to help them more efficiently manage their irrigation water use. A typical irrigation survey includes:
- Water use evaluation, both past and present
- Irrigation equipment inspection and tests (i.e., sprinklers, controllers, drip lines)
- Mapping of irrigation zones and equipment
- Training in water efficient irrigation, including a watering schedule
- Determination of eligibility for an Irrigation Upgrade Program
- Creation of a water budget report (irrigation-only meters)
- Water savings recommendations
To request a WaterSmart commercial irrigation survey, call 1-866-403-2683 or email email@example.com.
New in 2013, EBMUD’s combined and expanded rebates are for all qualifying EBMUD customers.
Up to $2,500 (single-family homes and multi-family residences of 4 units or less)
Up to $20,000 (commercial sites and multi-family residences of 5 or more units)
- Convert high water-using lawns to sustainable landscaping; convert sprinklers to in-line drip.
- Upgrade older low-efficiency sprinkler nozzles and replace traditional irrigation controllers with self-adjusting models.
- Install pressure regulators and submeters to improve irrigation system performance and management.
How much water does your landscape need? EBMUD provides irrigation water budgets based on actual irrigated area and weather data for each billing period. The water budget program is free for irrigation-only customers.